Tutorial: A Practical Introduction to Ontologies & OWL
Materials available on this page are always the most up-to-date versions given at the most recent Ontology Tutorial, and therefore may contain slight differences from the material that was presented at earlier events. We hope that the most recent slides will always be of more use to the community, therefore older versions are not retained.
Please let us know if you have problems downloading them - those with slow connections be warned some of these files are up to 5MB.
- Introduction to Ontologies [PPT]
- OWL and RDF overview [PDF]
- Informal Modelling: Knowledge Elicitation [PPT] | Ontology Engineering [PPT]
- Applications: Intro [PPT] | Instance Store [PPT] | Intelligent Curation [PPT]
- Formal Modelling [PPT]
- Hands On: Protege-OWL tutorial part 1 [PPT] | part 2 [PPT] | part 3 (additional material) [PPT]
- Question and Answer Session [PPT]
All materials are copyright © 2005 The University of Manchester